Monday, July 21, 2008

Family Gathering






It is always so good to get everyone together for a meal. Yesterday we all gathered for a going away party for Sara and Ryan. I cannot blog about that yet so I will just say we had a good visit and enjoyed another delicious meal prepared by one of the guest of honors (not Sara). I am pretty sure everyone over enjoyed the food. He fixed his famous hot wings on the grill with roasted potatoes/carrots/onions. I prepared some fresh watermelon/blueberries/cantelope/strawberries (its hard to mess up the chopping of fruit) and the yellow tomato/cucumber salad w/avacodo. I must say Ryan has added many new foods to the Norman Hamburger Helper family. Ten years ago I didn't even know what an avacodo was must less how to peel one and finally after 2 and a half years of training from the master chef I can now properly peel, depit and scoop the meat of the avacodo. For dessert (in honor of non-chocolate lover, Sara) we had Grape Fanta Sherbet with fried plantains(another food I had never heard of). Like I said we all enjoyed ourselves way too much. But most of all we enjoyed the fellowship with one another. I love having all my little children together. I took some pics but then my battery went down so for more pics, see Summer's blog.

1 comment:

Summer said...

The salad and the fruit were delicious!!