Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dinner with my girls



Today Sara, the kids and I went over to Aunt Summer's to do some back to school shopping and some swimming in Aunt Summer's pool. We found bookbags, lunch boxes, erasers, construction and wide ruled paper. After a long swim in the pool, Josh was nice enough to watch the children so the girls and I could go out to eat one last time before Sara leaves on Thursday (but remember I can't talk about that yet). For the last 6 months we have been meeting for supper every other Thursday night. It has been so much fun to have just some special "girl time". We have tried several different restuarants. Unlike Summer and I, Sara is a food critic. She usually has something to say about how something is fixed or how it taste. Tonight we went to the Fickle Pickle. Summer and I had been there before and thought we would let Sara try it. We were not expecting any thing but the usual comments about the food not being too great or the like. However, we were in for a BIG SURPRISE!! SARA LOVED THE SANDWICH!!! We were so shocked we decided to get it on video because we knew no one would believe it. Enjoy!!! I will miss this special time together.


6 comments:

Cheri said...

Please tell us what was on the sandwich!! And how many points do you think it would have?

MJN6 said...

It was a Fried Green Tomato Sandwich with goat cheese on sourdough bread. I don't think the point system goes that high and believe me Sara never counts POINTS!!!! However, I had one just like hers following the hot potato chips and fried pickles we had for an appetizer. Lets just say it was not a good day for WW.

ma said...

Cute. I know you all had a good time. LOVE YOU ma

Summer said...

So you finally got the videos to upload. I can't believe you used that horrible picture of us. Geez, Mom! :-) It was fun, Sara will definitely be MISSED!!!!!

MJN6 said...

Summer, there is no such thing as a horrible picture of my girls!!!! Love MOM

One Krazy Momma said...

Sounds goood! We need to start having girl time around these parts....but you know my sisters and their social agendas...lol