Monday, July 28, 2008

Empty Nest Again


This is them leaving last Thursday

This picture was made shortly after they moved in Dec 05
A little over 2 and a half years ago my empty nest was filled with three little ones, a momma and a daddy. I knew then that their stay would be temporary but I didn't realize just how quickly the time would pass. It was a time of learning and growing. We learned how to talk, climb stairs, ride bikes, swim, read, write, add and subtract. We learned how to play basketball, baseball and soccer. We learned to feed ourselves and use the potty. We lost teeth, finished kindergarten and first grade. We had a baby sister. We grew and grew and grew!!! We had bubble baths, movies and popcorn. We had birthday parties, hid Easter eggs and went trick or treating. We went to the zoo, Stone Mountain, the Children's Museum and Centennial Park. We visited Aunt Summer, Uncle Josh, Uncle Luke and Uncle Samuel. We played in the snow and watched it hail. We built forts and played with Legos. How very blessed I have been to be able to share this special time with my grandchildren. God Bless You All in our new adventure. I love you! GRAN

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They really have grown up. I have not seen any older pictures of them for a while. Wow! Time really does fly. I love you!

Summer said...

I can't wait to see them again. I am sure it is really quite there now!!

sara jackson said...

Thanks for making all those fun things possible. We miss you and love you.

The Holtons said...

I know you miss them all, but we are sure glad to look out our windows and see them all riding their bikes. Those are cute kids! We are glad they are here!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Mary Jo,
We have been having a wonderful time with Sara & the kids picking blackberries. I know you miss them terribly, but we're taking good care of them, I promise:) I am so thrilled to have Sara back in Valdosta. She is a very special friend to me. Ansley & Brayden are having a great time with the boys.
Love,
Allison