Monday, November 26, 2007

While we were home Sara and I went through some old letters that my Mom had saved from years past. It was like reading a blog of my life. Letter writing is almost none existent today with emails, cell phones and blogs but it was really neat to go back and read the news of long ago. I came across several interesting things. One of which I would like to share with you all. I am not sure of the author but I thought it was definitely worth sharing for those of you that are like myself-who tend to worry.

There are two days in the week upon which and about which I never worry. Two carefree days kept sacredly from fear and apprehensions. One of these days is yesterday. Yesterday with its cares and frets and all its pains and aches, all its faults, its mistakes and blunders, has passed forever beyond my recall. It was mine; it is now God's. And the other day that I do not worry about is tomorrow. Tomorrow with all its possible adversities, its burdens, its perils, its large promises and poor performance, its failures and mistakes, is as far beyond my mastery as its dead sister yesterday. Tomorrow is God's day; it will be mine. There is left for myself then, but one day in the week...today. Any man can fight the battles of today. Any woman can carry the burdens of just one day; any man can resist the temptation of today. It is only when we willingly add the burdens of those two awful eternities, yesterday and tomorrow, such burdens as only the mighty God can sustain, that we breakdown. It isn't the experience of today that drives men mad. It is the remorse of what happened yesterday, and fear of what tomorrow might bring. These are God's days...leave them to HIM.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Having a hard time sending this. Guess I have forgotten all I knew last week.

Anonymous said...

Well that one went through. Anyway thanks for all the hard work you did to make our time together so GREAT. Your talent was fantastic. Thanks for all the laughs. Those memories will last a long long time. I chuckle when I recall them. LOVE YOU mother