Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hello to all (or none) I am now the proud owner of a "cocktail dress". Norman and I have to attend a dinner/Harvest Celebration for the Georgia AgriBuisness Counsel on Friday. The invitation said "women's attire: cocktail dress"-well beings that I have never had a cocktail in my life, I wasn't exactly sure what to look for in the dress department. My wonderful son-in-law heard of my concerns and quickly located the definition of "cocktail dress"(which is by the way: a dress suitable for formal occasions "a little black dress". I, however, needed to get it big enough to fit over these not so little hips. So thanks to a great sales clerk at Maurice's who help me not only choose an appropriate dress but helped me accessorize as well with matching necklace and earrings (Sara called it "Bling Bling") was set. I then proceeded to Kohls for a new pair of black heels(I opted not to get the red ones) and sheer black panty hose complete with control top and sandlefoot toe. Hopefully this will hold in the tummy and cover the vericose veins in these not so shapely legs. I am now good to go to this "free" dinner that ended up costing Norman ???? Of course when I arrived home with my wears my wonderful son-in-law came through again with a reassuring comment "If it is a cocktail party, it won't really matter what you wear because no one there will remember what you had on anyway!" Well it is late and I need to get to bed as I was up late last night practicing for an upcoming family talent show. Until next time.....

P.S. Look for me in the Sunday addition of the AJC-I am sure to make the Local News with the headlines reading something like this:"Grandmother of Four Knocks 'Em Dead When She Trips and Falls in Her High Heels and Little Black Dress!"Ha Ha

9 comments:

sara jackson said...

You are so funny, mom. Love you!

Summer said...

That's funny! I saw the pictures and you looked GREAT!! I wish I was leaving with yall on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

You will be the most beautiful one there I am sure. Have a good time. LOVE YOU ma

ma said...

I'm trying to learn how to do this. Ma

ma said...

Maybe I got it. ma

Aunt Sarah said...

Congratulations, now you are ready for any formal party for the rest of your life, just hold on to the "little black dress". You will be the greatest. Be careful with the sipping, it sometimes causes tripping.

Aunt Sarah said...

Aunt Sarah is trying to blog with the best of you. So I think we have it down pat now. Time will tell.

Cheri said...

I seem to have this vague memory of you wearing heels a long time ago and falling down the stairs at the Mobile Municipal Auditorium. Was it at a Monkees concert or was it Herman and the Hermits? Maybe it was "Where the Action Is." Was that you or was it actually me and I just transferred that wonderful moment to you. When I was about 8 months pregnant and I had gained about 500 lbs, I did fall in the courtyard at church. Talk about a way to draw a crowd!!!!
Have a great time tonight. I wish I was there to help you get ready. I know you will be beautiful. Just put those little size sixes on the Rock.
You might want to suggest to your hubby to be sure and check his battery if he is going to pull up to the front and use valet parking. And if he sees anyone on crutches.....well, you know. Can't wait to see ya'll this week-end.
Cheri

The Holtons said...

You crack me up-in person and blogging! Come see us. Love-Ginny