Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Well today is a very special day...27 years ago our family was blessed with another precious baby daughter. At the time we had no idea what a blessing she would be to each of us with her big ole brown eyes that sometimes roll when things don't go her way. She has always had a gift for sensing when someone was hurting and needed a hug. You know how moms are-they always try to act like nothing is wrong or bothering them but Summer could always read right through me and was always there with an encouraging word, smile or hug. As my children can all a test ...back in the old home schooling days I would sometimes get a little stressed out(could we say that was an understatement). Summer would sense it right away!!! She would reassure me that everything was going to be ok. And even though my stresses are different today, she is still right there encouraging me all the way. Summer also has tremendous love and patience with her daddy as well. She is such a great sister!!! She loves her sister and brothers so much and would give them the shirt off her back if they needed it (of course, she has taken many of their shirts in the past-with and without them knowing it). As an aunt, Summer cannot be topped!!!!! She is always there for every special event, ballgame or just for fun. They cannot wait for Aunt Summer to come for a visit and hands down she gives the best birthday presents of anyone(no offense boys). Her compassion, love and respect for her grandparents has built a very special bond between them. She is a good wife and a true friend to all who know her. We have truly been blessed to have her in our life and I thank God everyday for blessing me so abundantly!!! I love you, Summer and hope you have a wonderful birthday!

5 comments:

sara jackson said...

Mom, I couldn't have said it better myself!! We love you, Summer!

Summer said...

I am crying and that takes alot. You are the best Mom ever! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Today's blog was beautiful. I say a big DITTO to all you wrote. ma

ma said...

I now have an identity. ma

Cheri said...

Happy Late Birthday Summer. Isn't it wonderful to be loved!
Mary Jo, you are all those things you listed about yourself but you are so much more. You define the word ENCOURAGER. Maybe you don't always know what to say but you do know that a phone call or a card lets one know they matter. Isn't that all we want sometimes, just to know we matter? You've cried when I cried. You laughed when I laughed (who wouldn't have with Mr. T********) You rubbed my back when I didn't want it rubbed just because you had to do something. You spent the night on a hospital chair just to be close. You took a week off from work because you couldn't stand to be away when lives were falling apart. You prayed and still pray. You got others to pray. You are willing to share in the joys as well as the tears. That's what making memories are about. From Billie Jo McCallister jumping off that bridge to Gainesville ICU, you've always been there.
I do however believe you have played a huge part in one of the greatest injustices done in the world of inheritances and legacies...........Grandma's cleaning gene! But I love you anyway! Your cousin-Cheri