Monday, November 26, 2007

Sorry it has been so long since my last blog but things have been a little hectic. I will start with our night on the town. Norman and I met another couple at 5:30 at StoneCrest Mall. We were talking and catching up on news and missed our turn where 75/85 split. We could not turn around because 75 south was deadlocked with the evening ATL traffic. Norman thought if we took the next exit we could get over to where we needed to be... well to make a very looooooooong story short we had a nice loooooooooong drive to all parts of ATL. We arrived just as the "Cocktail Hour" was over-thank goodness. The evening was very nice and the dinner was delicious! The next day Sara, the kids and I left for my Mom and Dad's. We had a very nice visit with them except for the fact that my Dad was down in his back again and was not able to be up and about. We stayed in Valparaiso until Wednesday at which time we all (my sister and all of her family, Ryan's mom and dad, my Aunt Sarah and all of my family) of us - I think there were around 38 - met at a lovely beach house at SeaCrest Beach.
We had 12 children under 12. Needless to say things were very lively!!!! We made sushi, played soccer, rode bikes, canoed, cooked, made pictures on the beach, did a Tae Bo workout, did a talent show, cooked, swam, walked on the beach, took more pictures, celebrated birthdays, cooked, had a shower of money for a special 22 year old, played games, cooked and ate, and ate, and ate. It was so good to get together with everyone. This is the first time in several years that all of us have been able to get together. I appreciate so much everyone making the effort to be there. I know how hard it is on some of you. It was such a memorable Thanksgiving. Thanks Ma and Papa for providing us with such a great place and thanks to Auntie for all the leg work to make it happen. You are amazing!!!!!!

No comments: