Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recently I realized how easy it is to misjudge a person's motives. My feelings were terribly hurt and I was angry by what I thought had happened. I vented and cried to my girls and they too became angry!!! They both told me I should talk to the person but I was so angry and so sure of what had happened I did not even want to see this person must less talk to them. I was miserable. Finally, I just had to know so I got up enough nerve to talk with the person. WOW!! I was so totally wrong about the whole situation!!! I had to go back to my girls and confess to them how wrong I had been in judging this person. It was an eye opener for me because so many times I think I know a person's motives and judge them on what I THINK I know before I get to the truth. I really need to work on this.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a lesson we should all learn. It is too easy to misjudge others when we are hurting and angry. Thanks for sharing!

ma said...

Praise God for this victory. God is Good. Life is much less stressful if we are loving and forgiving than if we are angry and hurting. Nursing anger and hurt takes so much energy. LOVE YOU ma

sara jackson said...

I have a problem with this too. I am praying for you, Mom!! You are the best mom ever.

Summer said...

I do this too! I am glad though that you were wrong, b/c I don't like to see you hurting! I love you!!

Rosemary said...

If judging others wasn't a problem, it wouldn't be such a common event. Unfortunately we all are guilty, but I think it is not usually done intentionally. We all need to work on it and something like your blog today makes me examine my own attitude. It takes courage to go to someone that you think has done you wrong. Good for you, MJ. Love you much.