Sunday, April 6, 2008

Anniversary Trip to Carlsbad/LasVegas





I am going to try to bring you up to date on our Anniversary Trip to Carlsbad/Las Vegas compliments of John Deere. Norman and I flew out of ATL on Friday to begin our trip. We arrived at the airport around 6:30am. Our flight was a little delayed due to heavy fog. It was a little over 4 hour flight. I decided to watch Becoming Jane a movie about the life of author Jane Austin. I plugged in the headphones to begin the movie. I kept changing the channel to try to get the sound for the movie but to no avail. Finally I realized I was plugged in to the wrong seat. Oh well. The movie was good and helped to past some of the time. We arrived in San Deigo around 11:30 Pacific Time and caught a shuttle to the Four Seasons Resort in Carlsbad. It was a beautiful drive. The resort was very nice. Lots of pretty flowers inside and out. We had a dinner at six with all the JD folks. Met some very nice people and renewed some aquaintances from previous trips. After dinner we were entertained by the USO. It was very patriotic and we enjoyed it. On Saturday we had a delicious breakfast and then went on a Wild Animal Photo Caravan where we got to feed the giraffes and see lions, rhinos, zebras, gorillas. That evening was the awards banquet for the JD dealers. Once again the food was delicious. Today we took a shuttle back to the airport to pick up our rental car for the week. We are staying in San Deigo. We spent the day at Balboa Park which was really a neat place. It was built in 1915 for the Panana-California Exposition. It has many interesting museums several which we visited. They had a little village of houses from many different countries including Ukraine. Each house had different artifacts from that particular country along with samples of food. Each week a different country performs on the lawn there. We also enjoyed a pipe organ concert by Dr. Carol Williams. It was a benefit for the Humane Society with a dog show/parade that followed the concert. The organ had over 4,000 pipes ranging from 32 ft long to about the size of a pencil. I am including several pictures. Thanks, Sara for letting me use your new camera. I love it but I let the battery run out so I did not get any pictures from today. Thanks, too, Karin for suggesting Balboa Park. It was GREAT! Tomorrow we will be doing to the world's largest zoo which is here in San Deigo.

4 comments:

Summer said...

So cool! I love the giraffe pictures. I'm so jealous :-) Glad yall are having fun!!

sara jackson said...

HAVE FUN AT THE ZOO TODAY!!!

ma said...

Thanks for the update. Looks like you two are having lots of fun. I am so glad. LOVE YOU ma

Missy said...

You guys seem to be having a blast. That is great. Take lots of pics to share.