Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Learning to be THANKFUL in ALL THINGS

holy experience

Being thankful should come naturally, but sometimes I get so busy in asking for this and that I forget to be thankful. So I am going to join this group and start my list...and yes, I know it is not Monday and yes, as a somewhat recovering OCD person it is very hard to begin on Tuesday since it is suppose to be the Multitude Monday 1000 gifts group but I am going out on a limb and starting today!!
1. My God who loves me.
2. My mother and Daddy who brought me into this world and loved me unconditionally.
3. My mother and father-in-law - and the only reason I have added the "in-law" is to distinguished between the two sets of parents. But they, too, have loved me, unconditionally. They have loved my children and they taught their son, my husband, to be the a loving, considerate, respectful, hardworking man.
4. My husband and father of our precious children.
5. Sara & Ryan
6. Summer & Josh
7. Luke
8. Samuel
9. Bryce, Landon, Parker and Sydney
10. Rosemary and Jim - not only have I been blessed with a Christian husband for my daughter Sara but loving friends and fellow Prayer Warriors in Ryan's parents.
11. Tom and Melanine - the same is true of Josh's parents. Doubly blessed
12. Health
13. Our visit with old friends at a recent wedding
14. All my aunts and uncles that have surrounded me with love and encouragement all my life.
15. My job
16. Summer vacation
17 Time with my grandchildren
18. Hot weather-that makes me appreciate fall
19. Winter that makes me really enjoy spring
20. Being able to see, hear, smell, taste and feel
21. Being able to laugh
22. Hearts of Hope
23. Skype
24. The beach
25. Quiet mornings

4 comments:

ma said...

Loved your blog!!!

chesedb said...

What about all of your wonderful nieces and nephews????! One in particular.. :)

Cheri said...

Welcome! I've already found myself putting gifts on my list for next week. After this move, some of them may not be approved for all audiences! HaHa Will have lots of stories to tell when I get back!

Rosemary said...

LOVE this idea. Makes us focus on the positive. Nevertheless, I had to smile at the last one listed... (quiet mornings) since time with the four darlings cancels that one out. :) Hope things are going well.