Friday, August 22, 2008

A Visit From Luke



On Thursday Luke came over after work. He was coming to take Norman for a colonoscopy on Friday but Norman's scope was canceled(after he had fasted all day). He and Norman enjoyed pork ribs, broccoli, sweet potato, fried okra, sliced tomatoes, creamed corn, deviled eggs, watermelon, cornbread, sweet tea, blackberry cobbler and ice cream. I think it was the first time the oven/stove had been used since my personal chef moved out 3 weeks ago. It still works and I realized I had not forgotten how to cook. We enjoyed visiting and by 9:30 both guys were sacked out. Today Norman and Luke enjoyed the day in and out of the canoe on a local creek. When I got home they were just getting out of the water. Luke stayed for my guacamole pizza and a little dreaded Fasfa paperwork for school. Before he left I decided I needed to get a picture for my blog. His quote was, "I just wish one time I could come without having to pose for a picture." As you can see I ignored that comment and was able to eventually get a smile out of him. Love you, Luke and thanks for coming. It was the highlight of our week!

4 comments:

sara jackson said...

That is actually a good picture of Luke. Sounds like the food was really good.

MJN6 said...

Save that pic and then we can photo shop him in when he is not cooperating.

ma said...

That is a really good picture of Luke. A day canoeing is better than a colonoscopy any day.LOVE YOU ma

The Kimmels said...

Mrs Mary Jo - Thank you sooo much for the sweet comment on my blog. That really meant a lot to me!
& Thanks again for watching Pax the other night when we went to dinner. That was so sweet of you.
I guess Summer is one lucky gal then, -- to have friends like us and a mother like you! Thanks again!
Love, Suzie