Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Tribute to the man with the...

"W" What can I say about this man that I call my dad???? I am not sure that there is enough room on this blog so I will keep it simple...I love my daddy!

Throughout my life he has always been there to help me out,
His love for me I have no doubt.
He built it, fixed it,made it right,
He even took me floundering in the middle of the night.
With just two girls with which to begin,
His quiver multiplied again and again.
Each one has memories with which he made,
He taught them much from all his trades.
One of his specialties there's no mistake,
Is the camping trip to Deep Creek which we like to make.
He ties the tarps above our tents,
And then a cabin he does rent.
With a "W" all his things are labeled,
You'll find him playing Rook at the picnic table.
He gathers firewood from abandoned sites,
Then guards it carefully in the night.
No one can tie a knot like him,
Or loop a rope across a limb.
He's quite a amazing to us all,
And that's why we agree he is the best PaPa.

Thanks, Daddy for being not only a great dad but a great Papa, too!!!

2 comments:

ma said...

How clever. A poet along with all your other talents. You must take it from your Dad. He is indeed special. I know he will get a kick out of this blog. He is in bed asleep right now. LOVE YOU ma

Summer said...

Mom, you are so creative!! Ma & Papa you HAVE to come to Deep Creek. It won't be the same without yall!!!