Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lack of Patience

I think I am the most impatient person I know. I want everything done yesterday. The other morning I came across this verse and wanted to share it. It is from the Psalm 27:13-14(NASB) "I would have desparied unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." I have seen the goodness of the Lord many, many times but when I am having to wait on an answer to my prayers so often I forget about the times when He has worked out every minute detail far, far greater than I could have ever imagined, much better than I could have worked it out for myself. It is not easy to WAIT!!! I don't know about you but I become discouraged, frustrated, and even angry. At times I want to just throw in the towel, give up, quit. Sometimes I begin to dibble dally around and try to work things out myself-thinking that Ican do this or that!!!! Sooner or later I come back to my senses and realize how true Psalm 126:3 is "The Lord has done great things for us." and today I am believing that HE will continue to do great things in my life and the lives of those I love so much in HIS perfect timing. Lord, help me believe this tomorrow!

6 comments:

ma said...

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.Psalms 27:13 (King James) I love that verse and the one that follows. I was so trilled when I discovered that verse. It really spoke to me. It is so good when God gives us a verse to hang onto. He is ever mindful of our needs. Love You. ma

Summer said...

I could use some of those great things about now. And I think you are the most patient person I know. Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Waiting isn't easy. It is the TEST of our faith.I don't like test, but they are necessary. LOVE YOU!

sara jackson said...

I think our family was skipped on the patience gene:) It is nice to have these verses to think about. I love you, mom!!

Cheri said...

Discouraged? Frustrated? Angry? Me? Never! Yeah, right!

I'm believing with you that God will do great things for you today and tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that.........Are you laughing yet? I can't hear you!
I love you! Cheri

Rosemary said...

It is encouraging to me that God gave us so many verses about patience. He must have realized in advance,for some of us, it was going to be a problem. He surely has been patient with me! I have to remind myself that "patience" is part of the fruit of the Spirit...so MJ we have it even when we don't feel that way. I agree with Summer, YOU are more patient than you think.