Sunday, June 8, 2008

Long Time No Blog













So much has happened since last I blogged. Graduation, Mother's Day, Baseball/Soccer Season, end of School, and a trip to the beach. I will not try to fill you in on all the details of these events but will only touch on the highlights. Sara and Samuel both graduated from college. What a proud moment for all! After perservering for 10 years of classes here and there, Sara completed her degree while being a wife and mother of four very active children. Samuel graduated with honors(only 1 B in all four years) and top business student in his class while maintaining a very successful soccer career. Mother's Day was wonderful with all the children here to help celebrate and another delicious meal prepared by Chef Ryan. I finished school on Thursday, the boys had their baseball trophy presentation on Saturday and Sara, the kids and I headed to sunny Florida to celebrate the end of school. The water and the beach were beautiful as always. We were blessed to be the trial guest at my sister's beach house which was fabulous! Thanks Ma, Papa and Auntie. We really had a wonderful time! We also got to take a boat ride on Jon's Sea Blaster and the boys got to go fishing with Judah on the Destin Princess. Thanks Jon and Judah. The kids enjoyed playing with their cousins who were able to play hookie on Tuesday. We finished our week visiting with Ma, Papa, Aunt Sarah, Cheri, Jim and Ethan. We returned to Summer's on Friday where I was able to work with Luke on some paper work. We had a delicious meal at the Japanese place close to Summer's. I then got to spend some time with the girls shopping and yard saling the next day. To top off the day we all (Luke, Summer and Sara and I) ate at my favorite place, Marlow's. Missed Samuel being with us but it won't be long before he will be back home. Sounds like he is having a great time in some Portugal fishing villages. Looks like the summer will be a busy one as usual. Sara is getting things ready for her trip to Ukraine and I will soon start packing for Deep Creek. Until next time...

4 comments:

Cheri said...

When I read your blog, I felt like my life has been moving in sloooooooooow motion. I am amazed at all you have going on. Glad we had a little time to visit. Wish it had been longer. I love the verse you added to your blog. Where would we be if that wasn't true!

Summer said...

Yeah! After 2 months you finally posted again. Great recap! It was good to see you on Friday. Looking forward to Thursday.

ma said...

Your blog was great. I looked the font and color. We enjoyed you all being here so much. Wish you all lived closer by. I know you will be busy busy busy until school starts again. Hope you can slip in another trip to see us and bring Norman, Luke and Samuel with you and who ever else wants to come. LOVE YOU. ma

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update and thanks for coming down and adding so much to our beach house. You all were such a blessing to all of us who have worked so hard. Thanks so much for all of your great advice and for being a clean machine! LOVE you