Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My new Elliptical Machine

Well everyone has been wanting me to post about my new play pretty-my Elliptical Machine!!! It is wonderful. It does heart rate, pulse, revolutions per minute, time and calories. It has weight loss programs, aerobic programs, heart programs and even competitive programs (who knows I might compete in the summer Olympics in Elliptical Workouts, although I have never heard of that before, must be something new). It also has a place for an MP3 plug in, a fan and even a water bottle holder. The only thing it does not have is a little elf to drag me out of bed every morning, strap me to the machine and move the peddles for me. Seriously, Norman and I both are enjoying using it. We have it upstairs so the noise won't bother our house guest downstairs that can hear even a tiny pin drop. Luke surprised me with a beautiful iPod Shuffle completely loaded with songs(even 2 renditions of Rocky Top-good workout music). I had talked about getting one and before I had a chance he had already bought it and loaded the songs. So the first time I got on I programed my little machine for a little 20 minute weight loss workout. I thought I would start out slow since it had been a while since I had worked out (high school, maybe) I thought I would plug in my little iPod and sing away while I worked off some extra pounds. HA!!!!!!!! I did good to even finish the 20 minute workout with breath to breathe and could not have even yelled for help must less sang a note! Whew!!! It really gives a good workout-I was even sweating-can't remember when I did that last either(except when I mow the yard). So now when anyone decides to come visit the Norman household we now offer not only 2 gourmet cooks (I am not talking about Norman or myself) but a weight room to work off all the calories you intake from the delicious food the chefs prepare as well. Come see us and give it a try. You will love it!! And oh yeah, for all of you over 50 people who are having trouble sleeping at night, I highly recommend this machine. I have only worked out 3 times and I am now sleeping in a deep sleep -some thing I have not done for quite some time. Thanks, Summer for encouraging me to step out on a limb, I mean an elliptical, and start exercising!!! Thanks, too, to Ryan and Sara for hauling it upstairs and putting it together. You guys are GREAT!! Oh and can't forget Samuel for giving his approval (and no Samuel, it did not cost as much as a new car, it was on sale!!!!)(You know you read my blog everyday).

5 comments:

Summer said...

Well Samuel can't read your blog everyday because you DON'T POST everyday. We are lucky to have a post once a week. I am so glad you finally did something for yourself! You deserve it and it is good for you.

The Holtons said...

Rocky Top should be able to get all of us working out! Sounds good-maybe that is what I need.

ma said...

I had missed this blog. So glad you are enjoying your play-pretty. I used 120 calories on the one at the gym this morning. Be sure and check my blog in the near future as there will be some results of my weight-watchers and exercise. Hope I can get the blog to cooperate with me and make me look as small as I really am. HAHAHA LOVE YOU ma

Unknown said...

Well I guess this means I have to get an E-machine so I can sleep at night. It's a little more expensive than pills, but since I won't take pills to sleep anyway, I can't rationalize how much money I would save on sleep medication.

One Krazy Momma said...

Those things will kick your butt! In a good way.