Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Journal Entry #4

Well we only got to listen to about half of the game because of internet troubles-but I guess it's just as well. We enjoyed another good church service on Sunday with tea and visiting again afterwards. Jenny got to meet everyone there. After church we grabbed a quick bite to eat and then went on a whale watching excursion. We really got to see a lot of action-4 whales at one time, flapping tails and white belles, and even a dolphin that swam right along side the boat. The trip out and back was nice, too. The weather was perfect.

On Monday I took another stroll to Big W to get another smoothie machine (small blender) I had brought mine from home and tried to use it with just an adapter and not a converter-yep just like they warned us in our cultural class-if you plug in a 110 appliance to a 240 plug without a converter it will FRY!!!!! and so it did.

Monday night's menu was Butternut Pumpkin Squash Soup, Lentil Burgers on multi-grain buns and a salad. Let's just say it was not one of Norman's favorites. I was talking about how good I thought the Butternut Pumpkin Squash and Norman picked up his bowl and said, "Well here you can have my baby poop." Guess I will be studying the cookbook for some other recipes.

Tuesday we were up and off to the airport at 4am. Norman had his first trip and his flight was at 6:00. He drove to the airport and I drove back home - SOLO!!!! I was quite proud. I only had to circle the airport once due to a missed left out of the arrival/departure area. The GPS was a big help. Norman will be home on Thursday. I am trying to do some reading.

Today (Wednesday) I did venture out in the car to Helensvale where I found a Kmart, Target, Coles, and of course Woolys. I was able to purchase a coffee pot for $12 which I thought was pretty good considering the cheapest one at Big W's was $48. And beings that we will have to leave it here I did not want to invest to much.

I have decided to start posting my pics on FB due to the length of time it takes to upload pictures on the blog.

VOCABULARY

pick up/set down - drop off area at the airport
lay by - lay away
fly bys - coupons
give way - yield
car park - parking lot
trolley - grocery carts
take away - carry out

No comments: