Saturday, December 11, 2010

Any weary souls out there?



Any weary souls out there? I am weary. I hesitate to say that because I know so many people who are experiencing some really difficult situations and my heart aches for each of these. I called my mom(and prayer warrior) this morning and she prayed with me. Later I went on my morning run. I decided to do a little extra today before the weather got bad. I was listening to my shuffle when Josh Groban's song, "You Raise Me Up" came on. I have listened to this song a least 100 times but today the Lord spoke to me through Josh's beautiful voice. I began to cry out to God - thanking Him over and over for raising me up every time. EVERY TIME !!!

The song finished and then it began to play again, as if God were saying, "If you did not get it the first time-here it is again!!!" (I had accidently recorded it twice). I couldn't help but laugh. I love God and His wonderful sense of humor.

Thank you, God for raising me up so I can stand on mountains. Thank you, God for raising me up so I can walk on stormy seas. Thank you,God for giving me strength. And God I thank you for doing the same for all those that you and I know that are hurting so badly. In Jesus' name!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Having experienced many pit experiences there is one thing I know . . . My God never leaves me or forsakes me

Unknown said...

He ALWAYS lifts me up!

Cheri said...

The answer to the question is YES. There was a time every song I liked had to do with being down or falling. I could so relate. I guess it's not so much about being down but of looking up and not so much about being weary as it is knowing where and to whom we go for rest.

And as for the card you sent, I've never had a doubt!